The Baron P. “Deuce” Braswell II Memorial Scholarship Fund
This scholarship fund was created in memory of Baron P. “Deuce” Braswell II of Spotsylvania. Baron was the son of Baron Purnell Braswell and Gwendolyn Sue Braswell and he died tragically January 20, 2006. He was a junior and an honor student at Courtland High School. Baron was a very spiritual person and was an active member of the football, basketball, baseball and track teams, known for thanking God for his athletic abilities.
In establishing this scholarship, Baron’s family and friends wish to recognize the dedication to sports and academics of two students from any Spotsylvania, Stafford, Caroline and King George County or City of Fredericksburg high schools. At least two scholarships will be awarded to one male and one female athlete from the school areas above.
Applicants to the Baron P. “Deuce” Braswell II Memorial Scholarship Fund must:
- Be a graduating senior from any Fredericksburg City or Spotsylvania, Stafford, Caroline or King George County Schools.
- Have lettered in a varsity sport.
- Demonstrate plans to attend an institution of higher learning, which may be a 2-year or a 4-year college or vocational school.
Eligible Localities: Caroline County, City of Fredericksburg, King George County, Spotsylvania County, Stafford County
Eligible High Schools: Brooke Point High School, Caroline High School, Chancellor High School, Colonial Beach High School, Colonial Forge High School, Courtland High School, Fredericksburg Academy, Fredericksburg Christian School, James Monroe High School, King George High School, Massaponax High School, Mountain View High School, North Stafford High School, Riverbend High School, Spotsylvania High School, Stafford Senior High School
Deadline: March 05, 2017 by 11:00 PM
Award Amount: $1000
How to Apply
The online application portal will walk students through our application process.
- Students submit general information such as address and high school, as well as information about extracurricular activities or awards.
- Students use the online application to provide the name and email address of their guidance counselor and other individuals. These contacts will receive an email requesting the student’s high school transcript or a personal reference.
- Each of our various scholarships has its own essay guidelines, as described below.
Call 540 373-9292 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The Baron P. “Deuce” Braswell II Memorial Scholarship Fund also requires:
- Two letters of recommendation from different sources (teacher, counselor, coach or supervisor).
- An essay of up to 900 words which tells a story about how your involvement in athletic activities helped you overcome personal challenges, including: your high school sports participation, what you learned from it and your plans for the future.
More information on how to Apply for a Scholarship.