The Brandon Thomas Lawn Memorial Scholarship
This scholarship is in memory of Brandon Thomas Lawn who attended Colonial Forge High School in Stafford County. Brandon was the victim of a work related summer job accident and passed away on August 12, 2003. He was an active Master Altar Server at St. William of York Catholic Church. Brandon demonstrated a deep love of family and faith in God. He was quick to help and listen to others and will be remembered as an individual who strived to achieve. He held a GPA of 4.3, an SAT score of 1440, and was an active member of the National Honor Society. Brandon’s favorite sport was wrestling. He received three varsity letters in wrestling, one in cross-country, and three academic letters. He was the Commonwealth District Champion for the 2001-2002 season and placed fifth in AAA State Wrestling Competition in the 2002-2003 season. Brandon volunteered as a coach for younger children in other wrestling programs in the Stafford County community. Brandon dreamed of attending the United States Air Force Academy. Brandon was known to his close friends for “doing the right thing, no matter what anyone else thinks.”
Applicants to the Brandon Thomas Lawn Memorial Scholarship must:
- Be a graduating senior at a high school in Stafford, Virginia.
- Demonstrate experience on a scholastic wrestling team.
- Have a GPA of 3.0.
- Demonstrate plans to attend a two or four year accredited college or university.
Eligible Localities: Stafford County
Eligible High Schools: Brooke Point High School, Colonial Forge High School, Mountain View High School, North Stafford High School, Stafford Senior High School
Deadline: March 03, 2019 by 11:00 PM
Award Amount: $500 or more
How to Apply
The online application portal will walk students through our application process.
- Students submit general information such as address and high school, as well as information about extracurricular activities or awards.
- Students use the online application to provide the name and email address of their guidance counselor and other individuals. These contacts will receive an email requesting the student’s high school transcript or a personal reference.
- Each of our various scholarships has its own essay guidelines, as described below.
Call 540 373-9292 or e-mail email@example.com for more information.
The Brandon Thomas Lawn Memorial Scholarship Fund also requires:
- Two letters of recommendation, from a teacher, community leader or employer.
- A an essay of no more than 900 words that includes the following:
- Explain why participating in the sport of wrestling has been significant
- Outline any community involvement
- Explain reasons for applying for this scholarship
More information on how to Apply for a Scholarship.