The Chris Ross Memorial Scholarship
This scholarship fund was created in memory of Chris Ross who attended Spotsylvania High School. Chris was a superior athlete, Captain of his high school golf and baseball teams, and the recipient of many awards. He was very competitive, and worked diligently to achieve his level of athletic performance. He also loved to share his knowledge with younger or inexperienced players, and he hoped to become a coach one day. In 1997, Chris died when he fell asleep at the wheel of his car.
Chris’ family wishes to memorialize him through a scholarship that will be given annually to seniors graduating from any Spotsylvania County high school. Two scholarships will be awarded to seniors.
Applicants to the Chris Ross Memorial Scholarship must:
- Be a graduating senior at Spotsylvania High School.
- Demonstrate plans to attend college (2-Year, 4-Year or trade school).
Eligible Localities: Spotsylvania County
Eligible High Schools: Spotsylvania High School
Deadline: March 01, 2020 by 11:00 PM
Award Amount: $1000
How to Apply
The online application portal will walk students through our application process.
- Students submit general information such as address and high school, as well as information about extracurricular activities or awards.
- Students use the online application to provide the name and email address of their guidance counselor and other individuals. These contacts will receive an email requesting the student’s high school transcript or a personal reference.
- Each of our various scholarships has its own essay guidelines, as described below.
Call 540 373-9292 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The Chris Ross Memorial Scholarship also requires:
- An essay of no more than 900 words that explores:
- what sports you have been involved in during high school,
- what the experience has taught you about commitment and dedication,
- team work, and sportsman-like conduct on and off the field,
- how have you learned to overcome challenges,
- the best sports experience you have had and why,
- what you plan to do with your love of sports in the future
More information on how to Apply for a Scholarship.