The Christine and Will Dickinson Memorial Scholarship Fund
This scholarship was established in memory of Christine and Will Dickinson, beloved parents and grandparents. Mr. and Mrs. Dickinson set an example of giving back to the community through their service to local and state civic organizations. This scholarship acknowledges their love of family and friends and their committed service to the community.
Applicants to the Christine and Will Dickinson Memorial Scholarship Fund must:
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0 at Chancellor High School in Spotsylvania County.
- Demonstrate strong Community Service. (Reviewers will place the highest value on this criterion).
- Demonstrate plans to attend an accredited community college or a four-year accredited college or university.
Eligible Localities: Not Specified
Eligible High Schools: Chancellor High School
Deadline: March 05, 2017 by 11:00 PM
Award Amount: $500
How to Apply
The online application portal will walk students through our application process.
- Students submit general information such as address and high school, as well as information about extracurricular activities or awards.
- Students use the online application to provide the name and email address of their guidance counselor and other individuals. These contacts will receive an email requesting the student’s high school transcript or a personal reference.
- Each of our various scholarships has its own essay guidelines, as described below.
Call 540 373-9292 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The Christine and Will Dickinson Memorial Scholarship Fund also requires:
- A copy of the Student Aid Report (SAR) Summary page as documentation of financial need.
- Two letters of reference addressing the student’s academic promise and character from different sources such as teacher, volunteer coordinator, adult supervisor, employer, etc.
- A typed double-spaced essay that includes the following:
- Reasons for applying for this scholarship, long term goals, and plans for achieving them
- Extracurricular activities and community service, particularly scouting (church, volunteer experience, etc.)
More information on how to Apply for a Scholarship.