The George A. and Lucy Mae Scott Scholarship
This scholarship was established by Lucy Mae Scott to provide an opportunity for graduates of James Monroe High School to continue their education by going to college. Mr. and Mrs. Scott have a long history in Fredericksburg. Mr. Scott was associated with the National Bank of Fredericksburg for 50 years, both as a board and staff member. Mrs. Scott was involved in a variety of community activities, and has been an important supporter of many worthy organizations in the City of Fredericksburg.
The scholarship is to be awarded to a graduating senior who exhibits financial need, a history of significant leadership, and high academic achievement.
Applicants to the George A. and Lucy Mae Scott Scholarship must:
- Be a graduating senior at James Monroe High School.
- Demonstrate a minimum GPA of 3.0.
Eligible Localities: City of Fredericksburg
Eligible High Schools: James Monroe High School
Deadline: March 04, 2018 by 11:00 PM
Award Amount: $1000
How to Apply
The online application portal will walk students through our application process.
- Students submit general information such as address and high school, as well as information about extracurricular activities or awards.
- Students use the online application to provide the name and email address of their guidance counselor and other individuals. These contacts will receive an email requesting the student’s high school transcript or a personal reference.
- Each of our various scholarships has its own essay guidelines, as described below.
Call 540 373-9292 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The George A. and Lucy Mae Scott Scholarship also requires:
- A copy of the Student Aid Report (SAR) Summary page as documentation of financial need.
- An essay of no more than 900 words identifying areas of life in which you have exhibited leadership (for example, school, community, sports, church, other extra-curricular activities), and your long-term goals and how you plan to achieve them.
More information on how to Apply for a Scholarship.