The George D. Taylor Scholarship Fund
This scholarship fund was established at The Community Foundation in August 2013 upon transfer of the George D. Taylor Education Trust from StellarOne Bank. It had been created there through Mr. Taylor’s will. After insuring that his late wife, Edith, would be cared for, George Taylor intended the remainder of his estate to support the higher education students from Stafford or Fredericksburg, Virginia who are high achieving and have the greatest need.
Applicants to The George D. Taylor Scholarship Fund must:
- Be a graduating senior from the City of Fredericksburg or Stafford County
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.75.
- Demonstrate plans to attend an institution of higher education (to include two-year and four-year colleges and universities, and certified trade and vocational schools).
Eligible Localities: City of Fredericksburg, Stafford County
Eligible High Schools: Brooke Point High School, Colonial Forge High School, James Monroe High School, Mountain View High School, North Stafford High School, Stafford Senior High School
Deadline: March 04, 2018 by 11:00 PM
Award Amount: $1,000+
How to Apply
The online application portal will walk students through our application process.
- Students submit general information such as address and high school, as well as information about extracurricular activities or awards.
- Students use the online application to provide the name and email address of their guidance counselor and other individuals. These contacts will receive an email requesting the student’s high school transcript or a personal reference.
- Each of our various scholarships has its own essay guidelines, as described below.
Call 540 373-9292 or e-mail email@example.com for more information.
The George D. Taylor Scholarship Fund requires an essay of no more than 900 words that answers the following:
- Describe your most valuable distinctive personal qualities.
- Explain why you are a deserving candidate for this scholarship. Please include your plans for the future and how they relate to your future field of study.
More information on how to Apply for a Scholarship.