The Horace A. Revercomb, Jr. Memorial Scholarship for the Continuing Study of Music
The Horace A. Revercomb, Jr., Memorial Scholarship for the Continuing Study of Music is established to honor the memory of Horace A. Revercomb, Jr., who was a catalyst in the formation of the King George High School Band. He was responsible for the growth of the music program at King George, and the surrounding Fredericksburg communities through his participation as a performer and arranger for the Fredericksburg Big Band.
A scholarship of at least $500 will be awarded to a King George student that has participated in both curricular and extra-curricular music activites and plans to pursue a major or minor course of study in music.
Applicants to the Horace A. Revercomb, Jr. Memorial Scholarship for the Continuing Study of Music must:
- Have successfully completed at least two years of music courses given by King George High School or other accredited programs within King George County. Home schooled applicants may apply.
- Have participated in both curricular and extracurricular music activities.
- Have an overall grade point average of 3.0 or better.
- The applicant must indicate a desire to pursue a major or minor course of study in music at the undergraduate level.
Eligible Localities: King George County
Eligible High Schools: King George High School
Deadline: March 04, 2018 by 11:00 PM
Award Amount: $500+
How to Apply
The online application portal will walk students through our application process.
- Students submit general information such as address and high school, as well as information about extracurricular activities or awards.
- Students use the online application to provide the name and email address of their guidance counselor and other individuals. These contacts will receive an email requesting the student’s high school transcript or a personal reference.
- Each of our various scholarships has its own essay guidelines, as described below.
Call 540 373-9292 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The Horace A. Revercomb, Jr. Memorial Scholarship for the Continuing Study of Music also requires:
- The applicant must have recommendations from a music teacher and two other teachers and/or counselors.
- A written statement, not to exceed 900 words, that indicates:
- School and community involvement.
- Examples of how music has impacted your life.
- Your long-term goals and how you plan to achieve them.
More information on how to Apply for a Scholarship.