The Irene Miller Memorial Nursing Scholarship Fund
This scholarship fund was created in memory of Mrs. Irene Miller of Caroline County. Mrs. Miller began her career in public health nursing in 1940 and joined the Fredericksburg Department of Health in 1948. In 1954 she became nursing supervisor for the planning district and in 1968 she went on to serve as a Virginia Regional Supervisor covering a 14 counties and 4 city service area.
By establishing the Irene A. Miller Memorial Nursing Scholarship Fund in her will, Mrs. Miller wished to support the further education of a Caroline County student or students who wish to pursue a career in nursing. A scholarship will be awarded to a promising prospective nursing student from Caroline County who meets the scholarship application requirements.
Scholarships are eligible for yearly renewal but require reapplication and will be considered along with all applicants for the award.
Applicants to the Irene Miller Memorial Nursing Scholarship Fund must:
- Be a resident of Caroline County.
- Have attended Caroline High School for not less than one full academic year or hold a GED or equivalency.
Eligible Localities: Caroline County
Eligible High Schools: Caroline High School
Deadline: March 04, 2018 by 11:00 PM
Award Amount: $2000
How to Apply
The online application portal will walk students through our application process.
- Students submit general information such as address and high school, as well as information about extracurricular activities or awards.
- Students use the online application to provide the name and email address of their guidance counselor and other individuals. These contacts will receive an email requesting the student’s high school transcript or a personal reference.
- Each of our various scholarships has its own essay guidelines, as described below.
Call 540 373-9292 or e-mail email@example.com for more information.
The Irene Miller Memorial Nursing Scholarship Fund also requires:
- Two (2) letters of reference addressing the student’s academic promise and character. The letters must be from different sources such as a teacher, volunteer coordinator, adult supervisor, employer, etc.
- An essay of no more than 900 words that includes the following:
- Explain your reasons for applying for this scholarship, long term goals, and plans for achieving them.
- Outline school extracurricular activities and community service.
More information on how to Apply for a Scholarship.