The Kay Orr Memorial Scholarship Fund
This scholarship is in memory of Kay Orr, a long-time resident of Stafford County, who served Stafford County Public Schools for 36 years. She was an assistant principal at Stafford High School and worked from 1990 to 2000 as a guidance counselor at Hartwood Elementary. She was certified by the Virginia State Supreme Court as a mediator and is remembered for her excellent guidance counseling and support. Ms. Orr received Stafford County School Board's Millennium Service Award and the Humanitarian Award from the Virginia Counselors Association.
The fund established in Kay Orr's name is intended to provide scholarships to graduating seniors of Stafford High School. Because Ms. Orr taught business, students who have a special interest in pursuing a degree in Business or a vocation are preferred, but all other eligible Stafford seniors may apply.
Applicants to the Kay Orr Memorial Scholarship Fund must:
- Be a senior at Stafford High School.
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Preference will be given to those students who document involvement in business or vocational education and who have expressed intent to pursue a degree in Business or a vocation - however all eligible Stafford High School Seniors may apply.
Eligible Localities: Stafford County
Eligible High Schools: Stafford Senior High School
Deadline: March 03, 2019 by 11:00 PM
Award Amount: $1000 or more
How to Apply
The online application portal will walk students through our application process.
- Students submit general information such as address and high school, as well as information about extracurricular activities or awards.
- Students use the online application to provide the name and email address of their guidance counselor and other individuals. These contacts will receive an email requesting the student’s high school transcript or a personal reference.
- Each of our various scholarships has its own essay guidelines, as described below.
Call 540 373-9292 or e-mail email@example.com for more information.
The Kay Orr Memorial Scholarship Fund also requires:
- A copy of the Student Aid Report (SAR) Summary page as documentation of financial need.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation, one (1) from a teacher and one (1) from a community leader or employer.
- An essay of no more than 900 words outlining school and community involvement, reasons for applying for this scholarship, long term goals and your plans for achieving them.
More information on how to Apply for a Scholarship.