The King George High School Sports Hall of Fame Scholarship Fund
The King George High School Sports Hall of Fame Scholarship was created in March 2012 to recognize the acheivements of the county’s high school athletes and to support the college education of exemplary competitors. The fund was initiated through two generous gifts:
A donation from Mr. Richard Hayden in recognition of the athletes of Ralph Bunche and King George High Schools who demonstrate spirited competition and highest standards of sportsmanship.
A donation from the Glancy Family in memory of John Glancy, a beloved former King George county basketball star.
Each year, at least one scholarship of at least $1,000 will be awarded to the King George senior who best represents the values of the Hall of Fame by making an outstanding contribution to her or his sport. For example by attaining regional or all-state honors, being a leading scorer, winning a state championship, etc. The winner should also exemplify personal character while representing King George, he or she must be a positive role model, worthy of being emulated by future students.
The King George High School Sports Hall of Fame was founded to honor outstanding athletes at Ralph Bunche and King George High Schools, which were consolidated into one school in 1968. The Hall of Fame’s founders hope to inspire today’s student athletes and those of the future. Visitors may learn more about inductees at the Hall of Fame’s physical location in the new King George High School. Additional Hall of Fame information may be found at www.kinggeorgehalloffame.com .
Applicants to the King George High School Sports Hall of Fame Scholarship Fund must:
- Be a graduating senior from King George County Schools.
- Have lettered in one or more of their school’s J.V and/or Varsity sports programs.
- Demonstrate plans to attend an institution of higher learning, which may be a 2-year or a 4-year college or vocational school.
Eligible Localities: King George County
Eligible High Schools: King George High School
Deadline: March 03, 2019 by 11:00 PM
Award Amount: $1000
How to Apply
The online application portal will walk students through our application process.
- Students submit general information such as address and high school, as well as information about extracurricular activities or awards.
- Students use the online application to provide the name and email address of their guidance counselor and other individuals. These contacts will receive an email requesting the student’s high school transcript or a personal reference.
- Each of our various scholarships has its own essay guidelines, as described below.
Call 540 373-9292 or e-mail email@example.com for more information.
The King George High School Sports Hall of Fame Scholarship Fund also requires:
- An essay of no more than 900 words that discusses your sports achievements and what they have taught you. Scholarship reviewers will be interested to hear about the best sports experience you have had and why it was the best, as well as what you plan to do with your love of sports in the future.
- Applicants to the King George High School Sports Hall of Fame Scholarship Fund may: Submit one or two letters of recommendation from a teacher, counselor, coach, supervisor, etc.
More information on how to Apply for a Scholarship.