The Lauren Allie White Memorial Scholarship
This fund is no longer accepting applications.
The Lauren Allie White Memorial Scholarship was awarded to an exemplary female softball player who is a senior at King George High School. Lauren was a rising sophomore at King George High School, a member of the class of 2016, where she was a member of the Lady Foxes softball team. She was known for her wit, her generous smile and bright eyes. She enjoyed art, shopping, texting and spending time with the people she loved.
This scholarship fund was created as a lasting memorial through the generosity of friends and family of Lauren White and her mother Bethany Dempsey. Lauren, Bethany and a young friend, Abigail Cullen, lost their lives in a tragic automobile accident in August 2013. Bethany was a 1993 King George High School graduate.
Scholarships were awarded to students who reflected Lauren White’s sportsmanlike commitment and active participation in softball. Each year one or more awards of at least $4,000 were made (four annual $1,000 payments). The final scholarships were awarded in 2016, to the dedicated and impressive "Lady Foxes" teammates in Lauren's graduating class. While this fund is no longer available for application, Lauren's scholarship will 'follow' these six young ladies and provide aid throughout their college careers.
Applicants to the Lauren Allie White Memorial Scholarship must:
- Be a graduating female senior attending King George High School with a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Have participated in any organized softball team, including King George Little League, King George Rec. League, Softball travel teams or King George County school teams at any time during their school career.
- Demonstrate plans to attend an institution of higher learning, which may be a 2-year or a 4-year college or vocational school.
Eligible Localities: King George County
Eligible High Schools: King George High School
Award Amount: $4,000
How to Apply
The online application portal will walk students through our application process.
- Students submit general information such as address and high school, as well as information about extracurricular activities or awards.
- Students use the online application to provide the name and email address of their guidance counselor and other individuals. These contacts will receive an email requesting the student’s high school transcript or a personal reference.
- Each of our various scholarships has its own essay guidelines, as described below.
Call 540 373-9292 or e-mail email@example.com for more information.
The Lauren Allie White Memorial Scholarship also requires:
- Two letters of recommendation
- One essay describing the applicant's chosen field of study/training and why the applicant has chosen this field of study
- Activities/Community Service Resume
- A brief paragraph explaining "What sportsmanship means to you"
More information on how to Apply for a Scholarship.