The Lee Wingate Pappandreou Drama Award
The Lee Wingate Pappandreou Award was established in honor of Mrs. Lee Wingate Pappandreou, an outstanding and dedicated drama teacher at James Monroe High School. This award, established by her husband, is given to the single drama student at James Monroe High School who best exemplifies the dedication to, professionalism towards, and talent in theater arts that Mrs. Pappandreou dedicated herself to instilling in her students. The award is available on a one-time basis to graduating seniors only.
Applicants to the Lee Wingate Pappandreou Drama Award must:
- Be a graduating senior of James Monroe High School.
- Have participated in the drama program at James Monroe High School for at least two (2) years (not necessarily their Senior year).
Eligible Localities: City of Fredericksburg
Eligible High Schools: James Monroe High School
Deadline: March 03, 2019 by 11:00 PM
Award Amount: $500
How to Apply
The online application portal will walk students through our application process.
- Students submit general information such as address and high school, as well as information about extracurricular activities or awards.
- Students use the online application to provide the name and email address of their guidance counselor and other individuals. These contacts will receive an email requesting the student’s high school transcript or a personal reference.
- Each of our various scholarships has its own essay guidelines, as described below.
Call 540 373-9292 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The Lee Wingate Pappandreou Drama Award also requires:
- A written recommendation by the JMHS drama teacher.
- A list of your long-term goals and how you plan to achieve them.
- An essay (900 word limit) showing participation in both curricular and extracurricular theater activities, and how that has improved and/or changed your life.
More information on how to Apply for a Scholarship.