The Linda and Billy Beale Scholarship
The Linda and Billy Beale Scholarship Fund was created to support charitable projects in the community that has been home to their family for many years. Friends and colleagues know Linda and Billy as individuals who are deeply engaged in the fabric of the region – and especially Caroline County – through the business community, through their civic and social lives, and through their family’s involvement in their church and schools.
When thinking about a focal point for their charitable giving through this scholarship fund, the Beale’s were drawn to the school athletic “families” that have meant so much to them and their children over the years. Billy served as assistant baseball coach from 1999 to 2003 and Linda served as assistant volleyball coach from 1998 to 2006. The family also has history of involvement with Caroline Little League that began when their son played t-ball in the 1980’s and continued through their daughter’s service as a board member as an adult. The Beale's continue to show their support by participating in Little League special events today.
Each year, at least one scholarship of at least $1000 will be awarded to the local senior who best reflects the Beale family’s values: teamwork, sportsmanship, and community service.
Applicants to The Linda and Billy Beale Scholarship Fund must:
- Be a graduating senior from PD 16.
- Demonstrate plans to attend an institution of higher learning, which may be a 2-year or a 4-year college or vocational school.
- Demonstrate academic effort, with a minimum GPA of 3.0.
Eligible Localities: Caroline County, City of Fredericksburg, King George County, Spotsylvania County, Stafford County
Eligible High Schools: Caroline High School, Chancellor High School, Colonial Forge High School, Fredericksburg Academy, Fredericksburg Christian School, James Monroe High School, King George High School, Massaponax High School, Mountain View High School, North Stafford High School, Riverbend High School, Spotsylvania High School, Stafford Senior High School
Deadline: March 04, 2018 by 11:00 PM
Award Amount: $1000 or more
How to Apply
The online application portal will walk students through our application process.
- Students submit general information such as address and high school, as well as information about extracurricular activities or awards.
- Students use the online application to provide the name and email address of their guidance counselor and other individuals. These contacts will receive an email requesting the student’s high school transcript or a personal reference.
- Each of our various scholarships has its own essay guidelines, as described below.
Call 540 373-9292 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The Linda and Billy Beale Scholarship also requires:
- Two letters of recommendation: one from a coach and one from a supervisor who has knowledge of your community service and work ethic.
- An essay of no more than 2 pages that answers the question:
Please describe how participating on a volleyball or baseball team has influenced who you are today. Please also share how community service and volunteerism have effected your personal development and your plans for the future.
More information on how to Apply for a Scholarship.