The Molly Gill Memorial Scholarship Fund
The Molly Gill Memorial Scholarship is awarded to any graduating senior who has excelled despite a severe physical disability. This scholarship has been established in memory of Molly Gill, who was a quadriplegic as the result of an accident. Molly faced her daily challenges with courage, and a determination to further her education and become independent. Molly Gill embraced the goodness of each day and her spirit is best summarized by the following quote: “I can always say, ‘what if?’ But, I wouldn’t have gotten anywhere with that."
Applicants to the Molly Gill Memorial Scholarship Fund must:
- Be a graduating senior from any high school within the counties of Prince William, Stafford, Spotsylvania, King George or Caroline, or the City of Fredericksburg.
- The selection criteria are intended to open the field to a range of deserving students who have demonstrated efforts to overcome severe physical disabilities, and have served as an inspiration to others.
- Demonstrate plans to attend an accredited community college or a four-year college or university.
Eligible Localities: Caroline County, City of Fredericksburg, King George County, Spotsylvania County, Stafford County
Eligible High Schools: Brooke Point High School, Caroline High School, Chancellor High School, Colonial Forge High School, Courtland High School, Fredericksburg Academy, Fredericksburg Christian School, James Monroe High School, King George High School, Massaponax High School, Mountain View High School, North Stafford High School, Riverbend High School, Spotsylvania High School, Stafford Senior High School
Deadline: March 05, 2017 by 11:00 PM
Award Amount: $1000
How to Apply
The online application portal will walk students through our application process.
- Students submit general information such as address and high school, as well as information about extracurricular activities or awards.
- Students use the online application to provide the name and email address of their guidance counselor and other individuals. These contacts will receive an email requesting the student’s high school transcript or a personal reference.
- Each of our various scholarships has its own essay guidelines, as described below.
Call 540 373-9292 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The Molly Gill Memorial Scholarship Fund also requires:
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from high school teachers and/or counselors
- An essay of no more than 900 words that includes:
- How you are meeting the challenges associated with your disability in daily living
- Your long-term goals and how you plan to reach them
More information on how to Apply for a Scholarship.