The Paul E. Neri Memorial Scholarship Fund
This scholarship fund was created in memory of Paul Emanuel Neri of Fredericksburg. Paul attended James Monroe High School, formerly Fredericksburg High School, where he was an avid football and basketball player, and track participant. After high school, he enlisted in the United States Army during World War II and was a decorated patriot.
Paul Neri was a fine woodworker who honed his talents at the former J.W. Masters. He then worked as a postal carrier in Fredericksburg. He was a lifetime member of the Elks Lodge, a longtime member of St. Mary’s Catholic Church in Fredericksburg and St. Anthony’s Catholic Church in King George.
Paul was known in the community for his generosity, friendship, and dedication to his loved ones. He put others before himself.
In establishing this scholarship, Paul’s family and friends wish to recognize the dedication to continued education and community service of a James Monroe High School student.
Applicants to the Paul E. Neri Memorial Scholarship Fund must:
- Be a graduating senior from James Monroe High School.
- Have a GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- Demonstrate athletic achievement in at least one sport, submitting verification of participation and lettering in the sport.
- Demonstrate plans to attend an institution of higher learning, which may be a 2-year or a 4-year college or vocational school.
Eligible Localities: City of Fredericksburg
Eligible High Schools: James Monroe High School
Deadline: March 03, 2019 by 11:00 PM
Award Amount: $500
How to Apply
The online application portal will walk students through our application process.
- Students submit general information such as address and high school, as well as information about extracurricular activities or awards.
- Students use the online application to provide the name and email address of their guidance counselor and other individuals. These contacts will receive an email requesting the student’s high school transcript or a personal reference.
- Each of our various scholarships has its own essay guidelines, as described below.
Call 540 373-9292 or e-mail email@example.com for more information.
The Paul E. Neri Memorial Scholarship Fund also requires:
- Two letters of recommendation from a teacher, counselor, coach or supervisor.
- A personal statement of no more than 900 words addressing:
- Leadership ability in student and/or community service
- An outline of school, community and/or church involvement
- Show examples of leadership experiences that have taught you about commitment and dedication
More information on how to Apply for a Scholarship.