The Peter D. Johnson Memorial Scholarship Fund
This scholarship is in memory of Peter D. Johnson. Mr. Johnson was a loving husband and father, a concerned and giving member of the community, and had a passion for enjoying all the benefits of water-skiing.
This scholarship is intended to promote the pursuit of excellence in youth and encourage mental and physical development through involvement in community, academics, employment, water ski clubs and other social activities.
A scholarship will be awarded to a senior from one of the following counties: Orange, Stafford, Spotsylvania, King George, Caroline or the City of Fredericksburg. Interested seniors must plan to attend a college in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Applicants to the Peter D. Johnson Memorial Fund must:
- Attend a high school in one of the following localities: Orange County, Stafford County, Spotsylvania County, King George County, Caroline County or the City of Fredericksburg.
- Demonstrate plans to attend an accredited undergraduate college or university located within the Commonwealth of Virginia
Eligible Localities: Caroline County, City of Fredericksburg, King George County, Orange County, Spotsylvania County, Stafford County
Eligible High Schools: Brooke Point High School, Caroline High School, Chancellor High School, Colonial Forge High School, Courtland High School, Fredericksburg Academy, Fredericksburg Christian School, James Monroe High School, King George High School, Massaponax High School, Mountain View High School, North Stafford High School, Orange County High School, Riverbend High School, Spotsylvania High School, Stafford Senior High School
Deadline: March 04, 2018 by 11:00 PM
Award Amount: $500
How to Apply
The online application portal will walk students through our application process.
- Students submit general information such as address and high school, as well as information about extracurricular activities or awards.
- Students use the online application to provide the name and email address of their guidance counselor and other individuals. These contacts will receive an email requesting the student’s high school transcript or a personal reference.
- Each of our various scholarships has its own essay guidelines, as described below.
Call 540 373-9292 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The Peter D. Johnson Memorial Fund also requires:
- A copy of the Student Aid Report (SAR) Summary page as documentation of financial need.
- Students must collect recommendations from academic instructors, employers or any of the above named community outreach areas. A coach recommendation must be collected from a mentor, coach, instructor or any person of equal measure that has been involved in the student's water sports activities at any point in the student's life.
- Students must write an essay (not to exceed 900 words) that describes:
- achievement in sports, including but not limited to water sports,
- activities involving community outreach, including but not limited to church, fire and rescue, clubs and organizations, and volunteer work.
More information on how to Apply for a Scholarship.