The Seay Family Scholarship Fund
This scholarship fund was created in memory Kathryn and Garnett Seay and Marvin Seay of Fredericksburg, Virginia.
The financial need of the student will be considered but will not be the sole determining factor.
Applicants to the Seay Family Scholarship Fund must:
- Be a senior from any City of Fredericksburg or Spotsylvania County high school or a home schooled student in the City of Fredericksburg or Spotsylvania County.
- Attend and be a member of a Christian church.
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Demonstrate plans to attend a community college, a four-year college or university, or vocational school.
Eligible Localities: City of Fredericksburg, Spotsylvania County
Eligible High Schools: Chancellor High School, Courtland High School, Fredericksburg Academy, Fredericksburg Christian School, James Monroe High School, Massaponax High School, Riverbend High School, Spotsylvania High School
Deadline: March 04, 2018 by 11:00 PM
Award Amount: $10,000 maximum
How to Apply
The online application portal will walk students through our application process.
- Students submit general information such as address and high school, as well as information about extracurricular activities or awards.
- Students use the online application to provide the name and email address of their guidance counselor and other individuals. These contacts will receive an email requesting the student’s high school transcript or a personal reference.
- Each of our various scholarships has its own essay guidelines, as described below.
Call 540 373-9292 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The Seay Family Scholarship Fund also requires:
(a) Describe how you have contributed to the life of a community through extracurricular activities, church activities, performing & visual arts, or other volunteer activities and
- A copy of the Student Aid Report (SAR) Summary page as documentation of financial need. The student’s financial need will be considered but will not be the sole determining factor.
- Two letters of recommendation, at least one from a minister or clergy.
- A typed double spaced essay of no more than 900 words that includes the following:
(b) reflect on the significance of your contribution to yourself and to the community you served.
More information on how to Apply for a Scholarship.