The ShackLax Memorial Scholarship Fund
The ShackLax Memorial Scholarship is dedicated to the memory of Aaron M. Shacklette, honoring his spirit of commitment, sportsmanship and service to school and community. His passion for the sport of lacrosse, his immeasurable commitment to personal relationships and his compelling desire to see others realize their full potential under his guidance tempered with Christian compassion, leave behind a legacy of good will toward all who knew him.
Aaron or "Shack", the son of Richard H. and Cynthia M. Shacklette and the devoted brother to Kaitlin Anne Shacklette tragically lost his life returning home from Randolph College following the completion of his freshman year.
Aaron was a 2008 Stafford Senior High School honors graduate where he served as a guidance aide, student mentor, yearbook staff member, member of the Awkward Pause drama improv troupe, and he actively participated in football, wrestling and lacrosse.
Applicants to the ShackLax Memorial Scholarship Fund must:
- Be a graduating senior from a Stafford County Public School with a GPA of 3.0 or better.
- Have participated in their schools J.V. and/or Varsity lacrosse program or "school-endorsed" club lacrosse team.
- Demonstrate plans to attend an institution of higher learning, which may be a 2-year or a 4-year college or vocational school.
Eligible Localities: Stafford County
Eligible High Schools: Brooke Point High School, Colonial Forge High School, Mountain View High School, North Stafford High School, Stafford Senior High School
Deadline: March 04, 2018 by 11:00 PM
Award Amount: $500
How to Apply
The online application portal will walk students through our application process.
- Students submit general information such as address and high school, as well as information about extracurricular activities or awards.
- Students use the online application to provide the name and email address of their guidance counselor and other individuals. These contacts will receive an email requesting the student’s high school transcript or a personal reference.
- Each of our various scholarships has its own essay guidelines, as described below.
Call 540 373-9292 or e-mail email@example.com for more information.
The ShackLax Memorial Scholarship Fund also requires:
- A copy of the Student Aid Report (SAR) Summary page as documentation of financial need.
- Two letters of recommendation from different sources (teacher, counselor, coach or supervisor).
- An essay of up to 900 words which tells a story about how your involvement in athletic activities helped you overcome personal challenges, including: your high school sports participation, what you learned from it and your plans for the future.
More information on how to Apply for a Scholarship.