The Steven Snyder Memorial Scholarship for Colonial Forge
This scholarship is in memory of Steven Snyder, a 1997 honor graduate of North Stafford High School. He participated in numerous activities at NSHS, including the German and Interact clubs, the National Honor Society, track, and both the Jazz and Marching Bands. He was an active member of his church and participated in both church and county basketball leagues. A quiet and unassuming individual, Steven was known throughout the school for his encouraging smile and positive approach. With a tender heart, cheerful story, or disarmingly witty comment, his friends remember that he was quick to comfort classmates enduring difficult times. Persistent in applying his God-given talents at the highest level, he was indefatigable in his preparation for class, for performing his music, and even for running the tough hurdle events in track. At the same time, Steven would readily interrupt his own preparations to assist others, enjoying every opportunity to serve as a tutor. With humility and selfless devotion to others Steven had hoped to be a doctor.
Steven has been honored at Colonial Forge High School by having the National Honor Society named after him. His example while living continues to be an example to all that follow.
Applicants to the Steven Snyder Memorial Scholarship for Colonial Forge must:
- Be a graduating senior at Colonial Forge High School.
- Have a GPA of 3.6 or higher.
- Demonstrate plans to attend a four-year accredited college or university.
Eligible Localities: Not Specified
Eligible High Schools: Colonial Forge High School
Deadline: March 04, 2018 by 11:00 PM
Award Amount: $500
How to Apply
The online application portal will walk students through our application process.
- Students submit general information such as address and high school, as well as information about extracurricular activities or awards.
- Students use the online application to provide the name and email address of their guidance counselor and other individuals. These contacts will receive an email requesting the student’s high school transcript or a personal reference.
- Each of our various scholarships has its own essay guidelines, as described below.
Call 540 373-9292 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The Steven Snyder Memorial Scholarship for Colonial Forge also requires:
- Three letters of recommendation attesting to the applicant's moral character from different sources, such as a minister, teacher, or employer.
- One essay of up to 900 words on the following:
- Discuss your role in helping others and why this is an important part of his or her life. Your involvement in church work, community activities, tutoring, and/or other volunteer activities should be included.
- Discuss why you are applying for this award, why receiving this award is personally important, and how it will help in meeting specific future goals.
More information on how to Apply for a Scholarship.