starting a fund
The Community Foundation makes it easy to help your client establish a named charitable fund - the task can be completed in less than a day.
- Decide what type of contribution the client would like to use to establish the fund. A donor can contribute cash, securities, or other property. Browse Ways to Give for a list of giving options.
- Select a name for the fund. Clients can use their own name, the name of a family member or one they create.
- Designate current fund advisors such as the client and spouse, and successor advisors such as children.
- Complete and sign a Fund Agreement, a simple governing document that we will provide and help customize for the donor.
Once a fund is established, donors may:
- Add to the fund at any time in any dollar amount.
- Specify how grant disbursements are to be acknowledged: in the name of the fund or anonymously.
- If a donor advised fund has been established, the donor may recommend distributions from their fund to charities, locally or throughout the United States.
Contact us right away to get started. We look forward to exploring options on behalf of your clients.