starting a fund
The Community Foundation makes it easy to help your client establish a named charitable fund - the task can be completed in less than a day.
- Decide what type of contribution the client would like to use to establish the fund. A donor can contribute cash, securities, or other property. Browse Ways to Give for a list of giving options.
- Select a name for the fund. Clients can use their own name, the name of a family member or one they create.
- Designate current fund advisors such as the client and spouse, and successor advisors such as children.
- Complete and sign a Fund Agreement, a simple governing document that we will provide and help customize for the donor.
Once a fund is established, donors may:
- Add to the fund at any time in any dollar amount.
- Specify how grant disbursements are to be acknowledged: in the name of the fund or anonymously.
- If a donor advised fund has been established, the donor may recommend distributions from their fund to charities, locally or throughout the United States.