Initiating an IRA Transfer
Once you are 70½ or older, The Community Foundation can help you make tax-favored charitable gifts from traditional or Roth IRA accounts through an impactful, permanent named fund.
To roll over funds from an Individual Retirement Account, please contact your IRA administrator to request a distribution of up to $100,000 to The Community Foundation.
To be eligible, your administrator must make the distribution directly to "The Community Foundation of the Rappahannock River Region".
Options for Transfer
- Your IRA administrator may mail a check directly to The Community Foundation of the Rappahannock River Region.
- Please ask that it be made payable to The Community Foundation of the Rappahannock River Region.
- Ask your administrator to include in the memo line:
- Your name,
- The purpose of your gift (e.g. an unrestricted giving fund such as The Community Enrichment Fund, a field of interest fund such as The Jane Smith Fund for Early Childhood Education, etc.)
- A note that it is a distribution from your IRA -- or enclose a note to that effect.
- You can also adapt this sample letter. Click here for a sample letter you can send to your IRA plan administrator requesting a charitable transfer.
- Alternatively, the IRA administrator can mail deliver a check to you, the donor, that is payable to The Community Foundation of the Rappahannock River Region.
- You can then drop the check off or mail it to the foundation.
- Please indicate the purpose of the gift (e.g. an unrestricted fund such as The Community Enrichment Fund, a field of interest fund such as The Jane Smith Fund for Early Childhood Education.).
- If you prefer to make a cash wire transfer from the account OR transfer assets in-kind (securities or mutual fund shares) please have your IRA administrator contact Lisa Baxter, Finance Officer, at email@example.com or (540) 373-9292 ext 122.
The foundation will notify you upon receipt of this gift. If you have not been contacted within one week of your IRA transfer, please call (540) 373-9292 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Mailing Address: Emma Miller-Richards, Fund Development Associate, The Community Foundation of the Rappahannock River Region, PO BOX 208, Fredericksburg, VA 22404.
Physical Address: The Community Foundation of the Rappahannock River Region, Mill Race North II, 725 Jackson Street, Suite 114, Fredericksburg, VA 22401. Click here for directions to our office.
|Please contact us if you have questions:|
|Teri McNally, Executive Directoremail@example.com 540 373-9292 ext 120|
|Emma Miller-Richards, Fund Development Associatefirstname.lastname@example.org 540 373-9292|
|Lisa Baxter, Finance Officeremail@example.com 540 373-9292 ext 122|