become a yip
YOU are our present and future! The Community Foundation believes that our region’s youth are well positioned to make informed decisions about community needs. It is crucial that youth are involved in bettering their own communities.
Our YIP members bring amazing qualities to the table; their social capital, understanding of our community, culture knowledge and creativity are vital to our community’s success.
Youth in Philanthropy's membership application has a rolling deadline.
YIP members meet weekly, on Monday evenings from August until October, each year of eligibility.
Please note that The Community Foundation is committed to fostering an inclusive and equitable environment. Applications are not judged based on grammar, punctuation, or spelling but rather on content.
- Must be a high school student in grades 10 – 12. Students do not need to reapply each year, after their initial application has been accepted.
- Must attend school in Planning District 16 (Caroline, Fredericksburg, King George, Spotsylvania and Stafford)
- Must be interested in improving our community!
- The YIP sessions begin in August.
- Students submitting applications now will be considered for a future session.
- Students not yet in grades 10 – 12 may submit applications now, and the foundation will contact you when you are eligible.